Include your FIRST name
1. Star rating 1-5
2. Rubric rating.
3. Summarize the main events of the story, reason to support your star rating, and evidence from the text to support star and rubric rating.
|Gwin Oaks Media Center||
Remember you must write your response in your reading journal and have it approved by Ms. Capps BEFORE typing and posting it to the blog.
Select ONE of the following journal responses below. Post your response under the “Wonder Journal Response.” Each journal entry MUST include a response to all parts of the question and be in paragraph form.
1. Kids who are different are sometimes bullied. In Wonder Julian is a
bully. Site examples from the book for all parts of your answer.
· How does Auggie know that Julian is a bully when he first meets him?
· What ways does Julian bully Auggie (and others)?
· Why does Julian bully others to team up against Auggie? What does he
hope to gain?
· What role does Julian’s mom play in Julian being a bully?
· What do you think of Auggie’s and his classmates’ response to Julian’s
bullying by the end of the story?
2. What makes a good friend? Site examples from the book for all parts of
your answer. In your response, include:
· The characteristics of a good friend.
· Which of Auggie’s friends demonstrated these qualities?
· What characteristics of a good friend does Auggie possess?
· How does Auggie help his friends see him as an ordinary kid?
· How does Auggie’s ability to be comfortable in his own skin make it
easier for his friends and family to relate to him?