In Wonder by R.J. Palacio Mr. Browne shared precepts with his class. What is your precept?
Click on the link below to type your precept in the Padlet.
Select ONE of the following journal responses below. Post your response under the “Wonder Journal Response.” Each journal entry MUST include a response to all parts of the question and be in paragraph form.
1. Kids who are different are sometimes bullied. In Wonder Julian is a
bully. Site examples from the book for all parts of your answer.
· How does Auggie know that Julian is a bully when he first meets him?
· What ways does Julian bully Auggie (and others)?
· Why does Julian bully others to team up against Auggie? What does he
hope to gain?
· What role does Julian’s mom play in Julian being a bully?
· What do you think of Auggie’s and his classmates’ response to Julian’s
bullying by the end of the story?
2. What makes a good friend? Site examples from the book for all parts of
your answer. In your response, include:
· The characteristics of a good friend.
· Which of Auggie’s friends demonstrated these qualities?
· What characteristics of a good friend does Auggie possess?
· How does Auggie help his friends see him as an ordinary kid?
· How does Auggie’s ability to be comfortable in his own skin make it
easier for his friends and family to relate to him?
- Home Page
- Meet Ms. Amolo
- Media Center Happenings Blog
- Research Links
- StoryboardThat Help Videos
- Maker Mornings on Monday
- Tinkercad Help Videos
- 1st Grade Plants and Animals
- Reading Lists
- Book Trailers
- Author Skype Visits
- Cover 2 Cover Book Club
- Mock Newbery Blog -4th Grade Book Club
- Mock Caldecott
- Student Projects
- Pictures and Videos of Gwin Oaks Students
- Media Center Tour
- Special Programs
- Reading Program
- Author Websites
- Past Author Visits
- Past Reading Program Themes
- Conference Presentations
- Native Americans
- Volunteer Schedule
- BOY video
- Science Olympiad 2015-2016
- Books to Add to the Media Center
- 3D Printing Videos
- Stop Motion
- Animal Adaptations
- Benjamin Franklin
- New Page
- Pax Breakout