In Wonder by R.J. Palacio Mr. Browne shared precepts with his class. What is your precept?
Click on the link below to type your precept in the Padlet.
Select ONE of the following journal responses below. Post your response under the “Wonder Journal Response.” Each journal entry MUST include a response to all parts of the question and be in paragraph form.
1. Kids who are different are sometimes bullied. In Wonder Julian is a
bully. Site examples from the book for all parts of your answer.
· How does Auggie know that Julian is a bully when he first meets him?
· What ways does Julian bully Auggie (and others)?
· Why does Julian bully others to team up against Auggie? What does he
hope to gain?
· What role does Julian’s mom play in Julian being a bully?
· What do you think of Auggie’s and his classmates’ response to Julian’s
bullying by the end of the story?
2. What makes a good friend? Site examples from the book for all parts of
your answer. In your response, include:
· The characteristics of a good friend.
· Which of Auggie’s friends demonstrated these qualities?
· What characteristics of a good friend does Auggie possess?
· How does Auggie help his friends see him as an ordinary kid?
· How does Auggie’s ability to be comfortable in his own skin make it
easier for his friends and family to relate to him?
- Home Page
- Meet Ms. Amolo
- Author Skype Visits
- Author Websites
- Book Trailers
- Conference Presentations
- Cover 2 Cover Book Club
- Maker Mornings on Monday
- Media Center Happenings Blog
- Media Center Tour
- Mock Newbery Blog -4th Grade Book Club
- Pictures and Videos of Gwin Oaks Students
- Reading Lists
- Reading Program
- Research Links
- Special Programs
- Student Projects
- Volunteer Schedule
- 3D Printing Videos
- New Page