1. Kids who are different are sometimes bullied. In Wonder Julian is a
bully. Site examples from the book for all parts of your answer.
· How does Auggie know that Julian is a bully when he first meets him?
· What ways does Julian bully Auggie (and others)?
· Why does Julian bully others to team up against Auggie? What does he
hope to gain?
· What role does Julian’s mom play in Julian being a bully?
· What do you think of Auggie’s and his classmates’ response to Julian’s
bullying by the end of the story?
2. What makes a good friend? Site examples from the book for all parts of
your answer. In your response, include:
· The characteristics of a good friend.
· Which of Auggie’s friends demonstrated these qualities?
· What characteristics of a good friend does Auggie possess?
· How does Auggie help his friends see him as an ordinary kid?
· How does Auggie’s ability to be comfortable in his own skin make it
easier for his friends and family to relate to him?